Before we had even met in person for the first time, we knew we wanted to be in each other’s lives. We first met at the Battery Park Book Exchange in Asheville, North Carolina, where we skipped the small talk and got straight to the heart of our deepest struggles, there was no chance we were ever letting this friendship go!
The night before we recorded this episode, we went back to the champagne bar where we met, and we thought this would be a good chance to give you some insights into the hugely transformational journeys we’ve been through since that first meeting, largely thanks to the support we felt from one another.
A big reason that we are doing this podcast is to share our experiences with you so that, if you’re going through something similar, you know that you are not alone! Just like us, you deserve to heal and be whole and integrate yourselves into a community that loves you for every part of who you are.
Also, if you’d like access to secret episodes, merch, and more! You can check out our Patreon here.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Where each of us is currently living.
- Battery Park Book Exchange; the champagne bar where we met for the first time.
- Sarah’s first impression of Emily online.
- Deep conversations we had on our first date.
- Our exploratory journeys through our queerness.
- The Sex Talk; our first podcast.
- How some of Sarah’s previous partners reacted to her sexual preferences, and how she responded.
- Why we felt we needed to hide our sexuality.
- The community acceptance that we have experienced since accepting ourselves for who we are.
- One of the main reasons that we are doing this podcast; showing people that they are not alone in their challenges.
- Sarah’s experience with depression and anxiety, and the small things which have helped her to manage it.
- Cycles of pain that we manifest when we are in a negative headspace.
- The quarrel we have with the overemphasis on consecutive sobriety.
- How you should be speaking to yourself.
- Value in the different perspectives that each of us brings to our friendship.
- Some of Esther Perel’s relationship wisdom.
- What we have learned from each other about loving ourselves wholly.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode: